Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Business Dirty Work

This one is a pain...no really. I'll bet that if I took a poll, the majority of respondents would admit that the last thing they pay attention to is the accounting, the finances, the numbers of the business. Why do you think that is?

Well, for starters, I hate, no loath, no despise having to do the invoicing, inventory, payables, taxes, bank statements, you name it. Anything to do with the bookkeppeing side of the business, I'm a bad at. I don't know why this is because you would think I would get excited about the increase the $$$$ coming in instead of out. I don't.

I like to design, and create, & talk to people. It fulfills me somehow. Way more than number crunching. So I had to resign to this simple fact. I don't do this. I have to hire someone to do this. And its ok. It took me a while to figure this out, but its so well worth it. A word of caution however, do not settle with an accountant because Tommy Smith likes him/her. Make sure they are knowledgable in your area of business and ask them questions, lots of questions. If they stutter step or seem to get put off by your inquisitiveness; then fire them. There are lots out there & one will be a great fit.

That's all for now. Advertising next.
Lynne

Parents blogs

No comments: